Best Ways To Immigrate To The United States


Although some modifications in immigration laws has made immigration to the United States a lot harder than usual, there’s still some ways you can ease the process if you plan to immigrate legally. In February 2018, the phrase “America’s promise as a nation of immigrants” from wiped out from the mission statement of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. [1]

Regardless of the fact that immigration policies have made things harder, there are some other ways to go about your immigration plans if you really want the United States to be your home.

1. Win the lottery

This may not sound achievable, but it’s worth a try! If you’re exploring different your options, then this should definitely be among the first ones to try.

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV Program) issues over 50,000 visas to qualifiers of the visa lottery program. Although the odds of getting selected are slim, the program focuses on countries that do not have so many immigrants in the United States. [2]

If you get selected, you are required to apply for an immigrant visa and then you can move to the United States. A lot of people aspire to live in the United States. This is because it offers several opportunities and freedom among others. Let’s be the first to welcome you to a land full of opportunities and different immigrants, so if you successfully get here, you can be sure of having a great experience.

2. Invest in the U.S. economy

As a foreign investor, you have an edge. If you want to immigrate with your family to the United States, then you should first find ways to invest in the American economy. [3]

A great way to start is by plunging $500,000 into an EB-5 Government-approved regional center. At this point, your chances of getting a green card will look great, although you won’t have any control over your money. If you want control, you’d have to step it up to a million dollars.

Both cases comes with terms; a 5-year commitment, employment of 10 Americans or more for a two year period. 18 months after, you can immigrate with your family to the United States, and apply for green cards 2 years after.

The good news is that 5 years after you enter the United States, you will get your money back.

3. Become an expert in your field

Becoming an expert in your field is another “easy” way to immigrate into the U.S. You can show this by your business moves and continually proving your relevance in big organizations. [4]

For instance, Albert Einstein, Sergey Brin, Larry Page of Google, and other big names. All these experts aren’t originally U.S citizens, but they were granted permanent residence due to their expertise and relevance.

4. Get a work visa

If you get employed in an organization in the United States, that makes you eligible for an immigrant visa, but your potential employer would need to file a petition with the United States Customs and Immigration Services. You would need to submit the petition along with your work visa application. [5]

There are various types of work visas, and that affects your permanent resident status. Be sure to check yours and send in another application when it is due to avoid being deported. In many cases, people get deported, so you might want to consider getting citizenship while you have the time to.

5. Through immediate family

According to USCIS,[6] if your immediate citizen is a citizen of the United States, you may be able to legally migrate to the U.S. Consider cases where your husband/wife is a citizen of the U.S; or the unmarried child of a U.S citizen below 21 years old; you can legally immigrate to the United States.

However, there may be several exceptions, and everybody in this case must apply and get approval to enter the United States.

6. Through marriage

In a case where you fall in love with a U.S citizen, and decide to get married to her, you will be issued a green card. The USCIS requires you to take several steps, some of them include; your marriage certificate as proof of marriage; a passport-sized photo containing both of you; proof of name change. [7] Remember that the green card is different from a U.S citizenship. And until you go through the U.S citizenship application and scale through, you remain a citizen of your home country. [8]

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!